The latest report shows that active infections in Lethbridge increased by 26 and by 32 regionally.
Since yesterdays update, five Albertans died from COVID including four in the Edmonton Zone and one in the Central Zone. To date, 1,940 Albertans have lost their lives due to the virus.
Provincially, 254 patients are currently hospitalized including 35 who have been admitted to intensive care.
With another 8,873 tests completed over the past day, there has now been a total of 3,521,284 tests conducted on 1,851,529 different people.
346,135 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the province as of the end of March 12.
Below is a graph of how COVID-19 cases in Alberta have trended since the start of the pandemic, which can also be accessed with more detail here.
Since yesterdays update, 70 additional cases of the U.K. variant of COVID were confirmed in Alberta but none were in the South Zone.
Below is a breakdown of cases per regional health zone:
- Edmonton Zone 54,836 cases, 1,147 active
- 87 in hospital, 10 in ICU
- 988 deaths (four new)
- Calgary Zone 52,744 cases, 1,695 active
- 82 in hospital, 14 in ICU
- 595 deaths
- North Zone 12,709 cases, 791 active
- 31 in hospital, two in ICU
- 141 deaths
- Central Zone 10,625 cases, 451 active
- 24 in hospital, five in ICU
- 118 deaths (one new)
- South Zone 7,008 cases, 499 active
- 30 in hospital, four in ICU
- 98 deaths
Below is a breakdown of cases in the South Health Zone:
- Brooks 1,365 cases (one new), two active, 14 deaths
- Lethbridge 2,500 cases (52 new), 392 active, 25 deaths
- North Lethbridge 842 cases (21 new), 168 active, four deaths
- South Lethbridge 843 cases (21 new), 123 active, 19 deaths
- West Lethbridge 815 cases (10 new), 102 active, two deaths
- Cardston County 666 cases (six new), 51 active, 13 deaths
- Medicine Hat 564 cases, nine active, 17 deaths
- Lethbridge County 559 cases, 14 active, seven deaths
- M.D. of Taber 344 cases (three new), five active, six deaths
- M.D. of Pincher Creek 226 cases (five new), 10 active, five deaths
- County of Warner 168 cases (one new), six active, three deaths
- County of Newell 161 cases, two active, two deaths
- Cypress County 146 cases, one active, zero deaths
- County of Forty Mile 119 cases, two active, two deaths
- Fort Macleod 105 cases, three active, four deaths
- Crowsnest Pass 24 cases, zero active, zero deaths